In the early ‘90s, supply chain management underwent significant change as a result of globalization. The escalating cost of goods and how they were managed along with the need to improve complex logistics issues, suddenly became paramount. Experienced professionals recognized the change and created World Resource Partners in 1995 to focus on a global manufacturing network for better asset and cost management. Our company remains a leader in developing ethical, reliable manufacturing solutions.
We offer a world of manufacturing solutions tailored to your needs with headquarters and warehousing located in Byron Center, Michigan, production capabilities throughout Asia, and distribution centers in Pennsylvania and Indiana.
Meet The Team
- I am the Director of Operations. My primary responsibilities include overseeing our customer service team, providing guidance to our logistics experts, and offering support and solutions to the warehouse team. Together we strive to meet all customer demands and have averaged over 99.5% on-time delivery for two years running. I work daily to improve processes and increase efficiencies in all areas of WRP.
- I have been with WRP since 2003. Throughout the years, I have taken on more responsibilities as the company has grown. Being part of the ongoing evolution of WRP has been extremely rewarding and I have a wealth of knowledge regarding our historical information.
- Graduating from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial and Operations Engineering has made me proud to be a Michigan Wolverine.
- As Director, Supply Chain, I am a relationship manager, meaning that I actively oversee all of our suppliers worldwide. Monitoring the metrics that affect cost structure, on-time delivery and quality performance as well as developing long-term strategies are all part of achieving the best possible supply chain. It is imperative that all our partners support our CHILT (Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Transparency). In order to accomplish this, we have teams in the United States, China and Vietnam. I make regular on-site supplier visits to our supply base in China, Vietnam and Taiwan in order to monitor current trends, improvements, capabilities. Annual audits are performed in order to record long-term progress.
- My background includes business development, product development, project management and territory sales. Prior to joining WRP in 2015, I was in responsible for all business development and project development for Trans-Pacific Engineering and Sourcing (TPES).
- In 1995 I graduated from Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, MI with a BA in Communications Arts and English. In 2003 I received an MA in Education, also from Aquinas College. For 6 years I served as a member of the Pierson Township Planning Commission; for 12 years as a member of the Board of Directors (3 years as Vice President and 5 years as President) of the Big Whitefish Lake Board Association; I am an active member of both the National ISM (Institute for Supply Management), as well as the Greater Grand Rapids Chapter of ISM.
- As the Director of Quality, my responsibilities include ensuring systems are established and maintained in order to repeatedly produce quality products that meet and exceed customer expectations. This is done by working closely with our team members, the customer, our suppliers, and team members overseas. Throughout the year I travel to meet with our suppliers and team members overseas to work face-to-face on project launches, supplier development, continuous improvement and perform training. I also manage project launches and oversee assemblies.
- I have over 17 years of experience in quality. Prior to joining the World Resource Partners team, I was at PorterCorp, a manufacturer of architectural open-air structures and construction panels. The first couple years as a Quality Engineer and then had the opportunity to be the Quality Manager for over 10 years. This is where I first started to have a passion for project management. I led the implementation of 7 certifications along with the maintaining 4 existing certifications. We were the first company to receive the certification for powder coating from the Powder Coating Institute. The remaining quality experience was in the office furniture and food industry.
- My undergraduate degree in Business is from Western Michigan University. My MBA is from the University of Phoenix with concentrations in Global Business and Project Management. I currently hold the following certifications from the American Society for Quality; Certified Quality Manager/Organizational Excellence and Certified Six Sigma Green Belt. I am also a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Applied Professional (LEED AP). I have additional training in continuous improvement, lean, 8D/corrective actions, welding, weld inspection, and powder coat.
- I am the sales liaison for IL, MN & WI and other key accounts. My responsibilities are to strengthen relationships with existing customers while searching to create new customer relations that fit the WRP capabilities. I am looking to identify opportunities within these companies to help them make their business more efficient and profitable. I must learn their business and effectively communicate to our team how we can better serve them and make WRP a better partner. It is my responsibility to keep WRP growing and evolving into strong and new relationships with our customers for our mutual benefit.
- I have over 25 years of sales experience with an extensive background in the cabinet, countertop, furniture, architectural millwork, store fixtures, POP displays and woodworking industries. I have worked in various segments of this industry including wholesale distribution, manufacturers’ representative and manufacturing, while also marketing into the consumer and retailer aspects. I have held sales and management positions at such notable companies as Jaeckle Wholesale, Knape & Vogt, FastCap, Jowat, Hafele and now a new endeavor in global sourcing with World Resource Partners.
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Transportation from the University of Wisconsin and had been an active member of the Architectural Woodwork Institute in the Wisconsin Chapter.
- My primary role with WRP is to ensure that we maintain the “I” in CHILT, which is for integrity. I work very closely with our customers and our supply chain to ensure that all parties involved are set up for success. In most cases, my work revolves around linking customer designs to our supplier’s manufacturing capabilities and ensuring that “we can and do what we say we will do”. However one of the great things about our environment at WRP is that we are a cross-functional team who works well together meaning that it isn’t uncommon to play around in other sandboxes which make for a fun dynamic in our company.
- My professional engineering background revolves primarily around product development for manufacturing. I’ve been part of companies that service many industries including the medical, office furniture, recreational vehicle, and construction equipment industries. Over the last 10+ years, I’ve have been part of bringing hundreds of products from concept to selling production product. I’ve overseen research and development teams which included designing and manually building prototypes. Additionally, I have been part of multiple development projects that have created patented products and concepts. More recently my efforts have been working on existing products to help make improvements in regards to design for manufacturing which has helped to lower prices and gives a facelift to more legacy products.
- My educational background includes studying business administration and architecture at Ball State University in Indiana and also studying Mechanical engineering at Purdue University NW also in Indiana. Additionally, I hold multiple certifications as a ski and snowboard instructor as well as youth sports coach. I spend a significant amount of my free time coaching today’s youth which is something that I very much enjoy in addition to being outdoors with my family and competitively racing sailboats.
- I am the “head coach” of our team. My responsibilities are to provide leadership for the team, develop on-going strategies to improve the service we give to our customers, ensure that in all we do, we do it fairly. Additionally, it is my duty to make sure we maintain our strong values around CHILT (Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty and Transparency) in everything our team does.
- I have an extensive background in supply chain management with over 30 years of experience. Previous to World Resource Partners, I was the senior vice president, supply chain management, for Spartan Motors, Inc. Previous to Spartan Motors, I was the senior vice president of supply management for Herman Miller, Inc. In my 13 years with Herman Miller, I had global responsibility for all supply chain activities. In addition, I had responsibility for corporate quality as well as logistics and warehouse distribution. Previously, I had worked with Praxair Industrial Gases, Abbott Laboratories and Avon Cosmetics in supply management as well as operational roles.
- I have an undergraduate degree in Business and in Economics from Rutgers College. I obtained my MBA from Lake Forest Graduate School of Business in Lake Forest, Illinois.
- Additionally, I was the Chairperson of the Committee for Sustainability and Social Responsibility for ISM (Institute for Supply Management).
- My primary role within WRP is to be the "Jack Adam of many traits" and to help all the departments be as successful as they can be. My role is unique, as I get to launch new projects and help maintain our high level of engineering quality throughout project launches.
- Throughout my professional career, I have been involved with many new product launches in several different markets which include medical, office furniture, recreational vehicles and consumer goods.
- I hold a Master's in Business Administration and a Bachelor of Science in Plastics Engineering from Ferris State University. I feel both degrees have helped me better understand all the aspects of new product launches and how they relate to a global marketplace.
- With my spare time, I like to take road trips, cook and homebrew. I am fortunate enough to live in a state where a special restaurant or brewery is within driving range.