In the early ‘90s, supply chain management underwent significant change as a result of globalization. The escalating cost of goods and how they were managed along with the need to improve complex logistics issues, suddenly became paramount. Experienced professionals recognized the change and created World Resource Partners in 1995 to focus on a global manufacturing network for better asset and cost management. Our company remains a leader in developing ethical, reliable manufacturing solutions.
We offer a world of manufacturing solutions tailored to your needs with headquarters and warehousing located in Byron Center, Michigan, production capabilities throughout Asia, and distribution centers in Pennsylvania and Indiana.
Meet The Team
- I am the Director of Operations. My primary responsibilities include overseeing our customer service team, providing guidance to our logistics experts, and offering support and solutions to the warehouse team. Together we strive to meet all customer demands and have averaged over 99.5% on-time delivery for two years running. I work daily to improve processes and increase efficiencies in all areas of WRP.
- I have been with WRP since 2003. Throughout the years, I have taken on more responsibilities as the company has grown. Being part of the ongoing evolution of WRP has been extremely rewarding and I have a wealth of knowledge regarding our historical information.
- Graduating from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial and Operations Engineering has made me proud to be a Michigan Wolverine.
- As Director of Supply Chain I have the pleasure of partnering with our global suppliers to find innovative solutions to our customers’ needs. We treat our suppliers as an extension of WRP to ensure the best performance and collaboration. I work directly with our team members in Asia to ensure that our procurement process is effective and our relationships are strong. Our core values: Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Transparency guide us in how we select, develop and grow our global supply chain.
- I graduated from Michigan State University with a degree in Supply Chain Management. From 2001 – 2013 I worked in various Strategic Supply Chain roles with international sourcing responsibilities within the Automotive and Office Furniture industries. From 2014 – 2019 I worked in Operations supporting Office Furniture customers. In 2014, I had the unique opportunity to live, with my wife and 3 kids, in Budapest, Hungary for two years to lead the startup of a manufacturing facility.
- As a senior leader in business development, strategic planning, sales, marketing, and product development with more than 25 years of experience, I come to WRP with the sole focus on increasing value to our customers while creating profitable (and sustainable) business growth for our ESOP company and employees. With deep consumer, retail, and commercial experience, I have been a key contributor to new market identification and strategic sales leadership for a variety of companies (Johnson Controls, Amway, Haworth). I enjoy building strong relationships with my customer. Seeking to understand the problems our customers face is key to developing a long term connection. In most cases, my work revolves around linking customer designs to our supplier’s manufacturing capabilities and ensuring that “we can and do what we say we will do”. However, one of the great things about our environment at WRP is that we are a cross-functional team who works well together, meaning that it isn’t uncommon to play around in other sandboxes, which makes for a fun dynamic in our company. Originally from the UK, I have worked throughout Europe, APAC and Latam.
- Areas of Expertise: Sales and category-account expansion, business development, market penetration, client relations, VOC, strategic planning, market analysis, international sales/brand/sourcing, forecasting, branding, product development and management, product positioning, business plans, product launch, new product positioning, profit and loss, contract and supplier management.
- As a West Michigan University alumni, I strongly believe in continued education, also earning post graduate Sustainable Business Certificates from Aquinas College and Masters Product Design & Development (MPD2) from Northwestern University.
- As the Director of Quality, my responsibilities include ensuring systems are established and maintained in order to repeatedly produce quality products that meet and exceed customer expectations. This is done by working closely with our team members, the customer, our suppliers, and team members overseas. Throughout the year I travel to meet with our suppliers and team members overseas to work face-to-face on project launches, supplier development, continuous improvement and perform training. I also manage project launches and oversee assemblies.
- I have over 17 years of experience in quality. Prior to joining the World Resource Partners team, I was at PorterCorp, a manufacturer of architectural open-air structures and construction panels. The first couple years as a Quality Engineer and then had the opportunity to be the Quality Manager for over 10 years. This is where I first started to have a passion for project management. I led the implementation of 7 certifications along with the maintaining 4 existing certifications. We were the first company to receive the certification for powder coating from the Powder Coating Institute. The remaining quality experience was in the office furniture and food industry.
- My undergraduate degree in Business is from Western Michigan University. My MBA is from the University of Phoenix with concentrations in Global Business and Project Management. I currently hold the following certifications from the American Society for Quality; Certified Quality Manager/Organizational Excellence and Certified Six Sigma Green Belt. I am also a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Applied Professional (LEED AP). I have additional training in continuous improvement, lean, 8D/corrective actions, welding, weld inspection, and powder coat.
- As an Account Manager for World Resource Partners, my goal is to become a trusted advisor to both our existing customers as well as new clients. Through my ability to build strong strategic partnerships, I intend to find manufacturing resolutions which alleviate pain and mitigate risks for corporations. Regardless of the production needs, I will work diligently to provide global resourcing options and offer logistical solutions. My hope is to have WRP be a seamless extension of each customer’s workforce.
- I am a Western Michigan University alma mater, with a Bachelors in Business and a minor in Marketing.
- With over 25 years of successful sales experience, my background lends itself to being open to a magnitude of solution based relationship sales. Between my experience in Medical device and Pharmaceutical sales to working in both commercial and personal lines insurance, I have gleamed many different pearls to build a successful career. I pride myself on working with complete honesty and integrity to ensure I am doing right by my clients.
- I am the “head coach” of our team. My responsibilities are to provide leadership for the team, develop on-going strategies to improve the service we give to our customers, ensure that in all we do, we do it fairly. Additionally, it is my duty to make sure we maintain our strong values around CHILT (Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty and Transparency) in everything our team does.
- I have an extensive background in supply chain management with over 30 years of experience. Previous to World Resource Partners, I was the senior vice president, supply chain management, for Spartan Motors, Inc. Previous to Spartan Motors, I was the senior vice president of supply management for Herman Miller, Inc. In my 13 years with Herman Miller, I had global responsibility for all supply chain activities. In addition, I had responsibility for corporate quality as well as logistics and warehouse distribution. Previously, I had worked with Praxair Industrial Gases, Abbott Laboratories and Avon Cosmetics in supply management as well as operational roles.
- I have an undergraduate degree in Business and in Economics from Rutgers College. I obtained my MBA from Lake Forest Graduate School of Business in Lake Forest, Illinois.
- Additionally, I was the Chairperson of the Committee for Sustainability and Social Responsibility for ISM (Institute for Supply Management).
- My primary role within WRP is to be the "Jack Adam of many traits" and to help all the departments be as successful as they can be. My role is unique, as I get to launch new projects and help maintain our high level of engineering quality throughout project launches.
- Throughout my professional career, I have been involved with many new product launches in several different markets which include medical, office furniture, recreational vehicles and consumer goods.
- I hold a Master's in Business Administration and a Bachelor of Science in Plastics Engineering from Ferris State University. I feel both degrees have helped me better understand all the aspects of new product launches and how they relate to a global marketplace.
- With my spare time, I like to take road trips, cook and homebrew. I am fortunate enough to live in a state where a special restaurant or brewery is within driving range.